We’d all like to assume that mold damage won’t happen in our home, but unfortunately it is something that can happen to anyone. Having mold in your house can be a major detriment to yours, and you family’s, health. If you suspect mold, it is always recommended to have a professional mold inspector come out and assess your house to find the full extent of the mold. The biggest question is, when should you call out a mold inspector?
- If You See Mold in Your House – While you may be able to clean and remove all of the mold that you can see, odds are that what see is only a portion of the overall mold buildup. There may still be more in behind your walls or under floorboards. If you already see mold, it is best to get a professional out to have a look as well.
- If there has been a major buildup of water – If you had a sink leak, or a toilet clog and overflow and there was a large amount water that spilled out onto your floor, you should consider having someone come out to inspect any possible mold formation.
- If you notice moisture buildup in your basement – In the spring months during the snow thaw there can be major water buildup around your foundation, and if your foundation has any cracks where the waterproofing is wearing thin, you could end up with some water seepage. This additional moisture can lead to mold problems, so if you notice any excess moisture be sure to call a professional mold inspector.
- If you notice any mold or mildew smells – If there are any mildew smells or anything like that you should also be contacting a mold inspector. Just because you can’t see the water or moisture buildup, doesn’t mean it isn’t there. A professional mold inspector will be able to find any underlying mold issues and remediate them.
If you suspect mold in your house, don’t hesitate to call out a mold inspector. Mold, if left unchecked, can not only cause health problems with your family, but will also lead to major damage. Mold problems can be quick and easy for a professional to removal if caught early, but can be harder to get rid of the longer they are left unchecked.